Final Playground Design
The City of St. Albert and Genstar Developments would like to thank all residents who took the time to respond to the Raspberry Park playground survey. Your input helped shape the final design, and the team is pleased to share that the playground will be supplied by PlayQuest Recreation. Building from playground designs C and D, as the first and third highest-ranked playgrounds, the project team was able to make the following modifications based on your input:
- Change from sand surfacing to engineered wood fibre play surfacing.
- Ensuring swinging elements were sufficient, with four swings within two swing bays included.
- Inclusion of both a larger-sized play tower and a toddler-friendly play area.
- Inclusion of a small spinner element.
- Change of colour palette to provide a distinct look, aligned to the Raspberry Park name.
Playground construction is anticipated to be completed in late fall, 2023, pending delivery timelines and weather.